to Return to
Users Page 1
see Local Links
Information and download sites
Jan 2006 update - I have removed several sites that have disappeared and updated some broken links
but this is the English language option - very smooth and professional
graphics - some free textures (the best around?) and examples of use
of tools. Brilliant :)
by Luca Dalla Benetta - exceptional site - wonderful just to look
at but also has downloads of 3D furniture models in Allplan format,
dozens of quality textures, Allplan patterns...
and examples of work cleverly animated.
3d total.com excellent
site - do not be put off by the 'games' look to the images - there are
some excellent and unusual textures for free download, and the range of texture libraries for sale is well worth having. I have quite a few - many of the textures suit the British climate ;-)
- 3DFluff.com Resources - high quality textures posted by forum members in the resources section
Buro Ress Want to try pushing Allplan's renderer a bit harder? This
impressive German site has very good BMW and Mercedes 3D model cars
in 3D dxf - click on 'downloads' and then '3d dxf'. Also a very good
list of links to other interesting sites from the download area.
- C4Dzone.com is an Italian Cinema 4D site with some very nice information, and free textures
Lots of useful information on many CAD and rendering packages and clear
explanations of common techniques and effects currently available in
rendering. Excellent site! :)
worth seeing the Archicad to Cinema 4D tutorial
Jeremy Birn's website
and book 'Digital Rendering & Lighting' - so good I bought a
copy! Priceless information on lighting rendered scenes conveyed in
a very readable style. There is a free chapter online. :)
- Crossroads 3D File translation - This file has gone offline and I cannot find another location for it. Perhaps it had become out of date. Another site which lists file conversion tools is here.
- Accustudio.com - revamped site with lots of 3D models to download in Autocad, Rhino or Revit file formats
- Ultra3D.com Good and stylish modern furniture models for free download once you register.
site - once you register and are emailed a password you can download
3D models of some of the products in the galleries - mainly European
furniture and fittings - the models are in 3D dxf or 3ds format
- furniture ranges now viewable and downloadable via a GDL browser plug-in.
Full instructions on the website. Just click on 'Architects' in the
lower left of the front page.
Italian site - amazing for the super high resolution textures on offer
- make a donation to increase the database of images! Be prepared for
long download times as these images are BIG :)
Look under 'info' for a tutorial on how to make bitmaps tile seamlessly
some very good textures - really useful stuff like glass blocks and
profile cladding - good value (free!) - also dxf drawings of people,
trees, cars - excellent site.
- wonderful gallery - including an architecture section of renderings
done with Cinema 4D. Lots of interesting Cinema 4D related stuff.
- the Maxon Shader club for Cinema 4D users.
3d cafe is a good
site for free and professional 3D models. The DXF ones will import into
Allplan FT. Most of the others will load into Cinema 4D. The site also
has textures, good general information and links to other sites.
- Mr Furniture interesting Indian site with some free and many commercial 3D models (India is fast becoming a big influence in the CAD world :-)
- http://www.mayang.com/textures/ interesting site with some free and commercial textures - I have not yet had a good look round [26.09.2004]
Another excellent German site - Samples of commercially sold 3D objects.
This lava lamp had me amused for hours!
Marlin studios free samples Free
samples of Marlin Studios textures and other stuff.
commercial website but has some free samples. Good images of people.
Amazing 3D Graphics Free
textures at this page - including grass texture - with other free stuff
including models on other pages. Also 3D models for sale.
a very promising site for the more technically minded. 3D modelling,
Cinema 4D XL v 7 and other modelling subjects all covered here in depth
and with great knowledge.
- the 3dstudio.com (Use to be MattColand.com) now seems to be a comprehensive 3D resources site..
odd but useful site - nicely presented but not recently updated - some
(I think) in English with lots of textures which it claims will tile
seamlessly. Looks promising.
- collection of suppliers
details - some very useful - well presented site.
Issues ¦ Services ¦ Local
Links ¦ Technical Section
Allplan FT Users Page 1